I am planning Rupin pass trek during the last week of July. what is the best time to go rupin pass trek
There are Two seasons for the Rupin pass.
1. Pre-monsoon – June to mid-July. This time the pass has lot of snow. Upper waterfall camp onwards the snow line starts.
2. Post-monsoon – mid Sept to Oct end. This time the snow has melted and the pass is devoid of snow mostly. But the beauty is the greenery and flowers on the trail.
Best time for Rupin Pass – May end; it is not that cold and you get to see snow, lots of it. October will be green, very green and the pass will be barren. If you need some inspiration, read my account for Rupin Pass
- Best TimeFor Rupin Pass Trek:
- Mid May to Late June- Snow can be seen in May whereas in June it is more green with flowers and waterfalls.
- End September to End October-September is green and full of flowers whereas October is clear skies and beautiful mountain views.
The months of May and June or September and October are the best time to trek,
a slight change in atmospheric pressure or a shift in the winds can bring rainfall or snowfall during the Rupin Pass trek.
Best Time to Visit Rupin pass trek
Best time to travel to Rupin Pass Trek is in summers (May & June) and Post Monsoon (September & October).
In Summer: The weather of Rupin Pass Trek remains salubrious and pleasing during summers. The Himalayas are distinctly visible and the cool breeze adds charm to the vacation.
Post Monsoon: Serenity and solitude are at its best during post monsoon at Rupin Pass Trek. The region is blessed with snowfall during winters and the accommodation options also remain few. But you can see the best of Rupin Pass Trek during post monsoon as it looks like Heaven on earth.