We are planning to do Adi Kailash this June. What’s the process to get the permit
travelers to Adi Kailash were required to obtain an Inner Line Permit (ILP) to visit the area. Please note that regulations and procedures may change, so it’s crucial to check the most up-to-date information with the relevant authorities or the local administration before planning your trip. Here is a general outline of the process for obtaining an Inner Line Permit for Adi Kailash:
- Eligibility: Inner Line Permits are typically required for non-Indian citizens and Indian citizens from certain states. Be sure to confirm your eligibility before applying.
- Application: You can usually apply for an Inner Line Permit through the Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) office in the district of Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand, which is the administrative jurisdiction for the Adi Kailash region.
Documents Required: You’ll typically need the following documents:
- A copy of your valid government-issued photo ID (such as a passport for non-Indian citizens, or Aadhar card, voter ID, or driver’s license for Indian citizens).
- Passport-sized photographs.
- Medical certificate
- covid certificate
- A filled permit application form.
- Fees: There might be a nominal fee associated with the permit, which can vary. Ensure that you inquire about the current fee structure when applying.
- Duration: The processing time for an Inner Line Permit can vary, but it’s usually issued on the same day or within a few days of application.
- Local Contacts: You may also need to provide details of your local contacts or tour operator, as this information could be requested on the permit application.
- Visiting the SDM Office: Visit the SDM office in Pithoragarh or the designated location for permit processing. Submit your application along with the required documents and fees.
- Collect Your Permit: Once your permit is processed and approved, you can collect it from the SDM office. Make sure to carry the permit with you at all times during your visit to Adi Kailash, as it may be checked by local authorities.
Remember that permit requirements and procedures can change, so it’s essential to verify the most current information with local authorities or government websites before planning your Adi Kailash Yatra. Additionally, it’s advisable to engage with a local tour operator or guide who can assist you with the permit application and provide guidance on the journey.