A little, picturesque town called Pipalkoti is located 1,260 metres above sea level. On NH58, it is 17 kilometres after Chamoli. Situated on the route to the famous pilgrimage sites of Badrinath and Kedarnath, it serves as a convenient stopover for travelers heading towards these religious destinations. The town offers scenic views of the surrounding Himalayan ranges and is known for its natural beauty.
|Stay During Char Dham
|17 Km Chamoli
|Nearest Railway Station or Airport
|Rishikesh 221km, Jolly Grant,
|Best time to visit
|May, Jun, Sep, Oct, Nov
Activities in Pipalkoti
- Trekking: Pipalkoti serves as a base for various treks in the Garhwal region, including treks to Valley of Flowers, Badrinath, Hemkund Sahib, and more.
- Pilgrimage: The town is close to important religious sites like Badrinath Temple, one of the Char Dham pilgrimage sites in Hinduism. Devotees often stop here on their way to Badrinath.
- Sightseeing: Explore nearby places like Auli, known for skiing and stunning views of the Himalayas, or Joshimath, which has temples, scenic beauty, and the starting point for several treks.
- Nature Walks: Enjoy leisurely walks around the town to appreciate the natural beauty of the area, especially the picturesque landscapes.
- Cultural Exploration: Interact with locals to learn about their culture, traditions, and perhaps attend local festivals if any are taking place during your visit.
How To Reach