Planning a spiritual journey to Yamunotri? In this guide, we provide you with valuable information on how to reach Yamunotri, including a road route map, distance chart, and insights into the location of Yamunotri. Furthermore, we’ll also share details about the puja rates in nearby spiritual destinations such as Kedarnath and Badrinath. Let’s embark on this enlightening pilgrimage! Yamunotri, a place of immense spiritual significance, is a destination that attracts devotees from far and wide. If you’re planning a visit to Yamunotri, this comprehensive guide will provide you with valuable information on how to reach this sacred pilgrimage site. From the nearest airports and railway stations to road routes and trekking options, we have you covered. Let’s delve into the different modes of transportation to reach Yamunotri.
Road Route Map to Yamunotri To reach Yamunotri, follow the road route map outlined below:
How To Reach
- By Air:The nearest airport to Yamunotri is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Yamunotri. The distance between Jolly Grant Airport and Yamunotri is approximately 180 kilometers.
- By Train:The nearest railway station to Yamunotri is Rishikesh Railway Station, located about 215 kilometers away. From Rishikesh, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to proceed further. Haridwar Railway Station is another option, which is approximately 230 kilometers away from Yamunotri.
- By Road:Yamunotri is well-connected by road, and you can choose from the following routes:a. Delhi – Haridwar – Rishikesh – Barkot – Yamunotri:
- Start your journey from Delhi and reach Haridwar via NH334 or NH334B.
- From Haridwar, proceed towards Rishikesh via NH7.
- From Rishikesh, take the route towards Barkot via NH123.
- Finally, reach Yamunotri via the road connecting Barkot to Yamunotri.b. Dehradun – Mussoorie – Barkot – Yamunotri:
- If you’re starting from Dehradun, take the route to Mussoorie via the scenic Mussoorie Road.
- From Mussoorie, head towards Barkot via Yamuna Bridge Road.
- Finally, proceed to Yamunotri from Barkot.
- Start from Delhi:
- Delhi → Ghaziabad → Meerut → Muzaffarnagar → Roorkee → Haridwar
- Haridwar to Barkot:
- Haridwar → Rishikesh → Chamba → Tehri → Dharasu → Barkot
- Barkot to Yamunotri:
- Barkot → Hanuman Chatti → Phool Chatti → Janki Chatti → Yamunotri
Yamunotri Distance Chart Here’s a distance chart to help you plan your journey:
- Delhi to Haridwar: approximately 220 km
- Haridwar to Barkot: approximately 160 km
- Barkot to Yamunotri: approximately 36 km
- Dehradun to Yamuotri approximately 250 Km
Trekking Option:For adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers, trekking to Yamunotri is a popular option. The trek starts from Janki Chatti, which is accessible by road. The trekking route offers mesmerizing views of the Himalayas and takes approximately 6-7 hours to reach Yamunotri.
Location of Yamunotri
nestled in the Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarakhand, is located at an altitude of 3,293 meters (10,804 feet) above sea level. Situated in the Uttarkashi district, it is considered the source of the sacred Yamuna River. Surrounded by breathtaking natural beauty, Yamunotri offers a serene and spiritually uplifting atmosphere for devotees and nature lovers alike.