Bhairav Temple, situated in close proximity to the sacred Kedarnath Temple in the Garhwal Himalayas, holds significant spiritual and cultural importance. Dedicated to Lord Bhairav, a fierce manifestation of Lord Shiva, this ancient temple is a vital pilgrimage site for devotees visiting Kedarnath.
|800 Mts trek from Kedarnath Dham
|Best Time to visit
|May, Jun, Sep, Oct, Nov,
The journey to Bhairav Temple involves a short trek from Kedarnath, providing pilgrims with an additional spiritual experience amid the stunning mountainous terrain. As visitors ascend to the temple, they are rewarded not only with divine blessings but also panoramic views of the surrounding peaks
Char Dham Pacakage
How To Reach
- Road Journey to Gaurikund:
- From Haridwar or Rishikesh, proceed by road to Gaurikund, the base for the Kedarnath pilgrimage.
- Gaurikund is the last motorable point, and from here, the journey continues on foot or by pony.
- Trek to Kedarnath:
- Begin the trek from Gaurikund to Kedarnath, covering approximately 16 kilometers. The trek takes you through picturesque landscapes and involves a gradual ascent.
- Further Trek to Bhairav Temple:
- Once at Kedarnath, you can proceed to Temple, which is a short trek from the main Kedarnath Temple.
- The trek to Temple is relatively brief, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains.
Places to See Kedarnath