Chopta, nestled in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand, India, is a serene destination surrounded by lush forests and snow-capped peaks. Here are some exciting things to do in Chopta
- Chopta serves as the base for several trekking trails, including the popular trek to Tungnath and Chandrashila. The trails offer stunning views of the Himalayas.
- Visit Tungnath Temple:
- Trek to Tungnath, the highest Shiva temple in the world. It’s a sacred pilgrimage site and offers panoramic views of the surrounding peaks.
- Explore Chandrashila:
- Experience the tranquility of Chopta by camping amidst the scenic landscapes. Enjoy the starry nights and crisp mountain air.
- Bird Watching:
- it is a haven for bird watchers. Explore the surrounding forests to spot a variety of Himalayan and migratory birds.
- Capture the mesmerizing landscapes, vibrant meadows, and the majestic peaks. Chopta offers fantastic photo opportunities.
- Yoga and Meditation:
- Embrace the peaceful ambiance of Chopta for yoga and meditation. The serene surroundings provide an ideal setting for relaxation.
- Visit Deoria Tal:
- Take a trek to Deoria Tal, a beautiful lake surrounded by dense forests. Enjoy the reflections of Chaukhamba peaks on the clear waters.
- Rafting (Seasonal):
- Depending on the season, you can explore river rafting in nearby rivers like Alaknanda and Bhagirathi.
How to Reach Chopta
From Haridwar or Rishikesh, board a bus heading to Ukhimath, which is the nearest major town. From Ukhimath, hire a local taxi or use public transportation to cover the remaining distance. Click here to know more detail