The Vyas Cave, also known as Vyas Gufa, holds immense significance in Hindu mythology and is located near Badrinath in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, India. It is believed to be the place where Ved Vyas, the revered sage who compiled the ancient Indian scriptures, the Mahabharata, and the Puranas, resided and composed these texts.The cave is situated around 3 kilometers from Badrinath and is nestled amidst breathtaking natural beauty, surrounded by majestic mountains and lush greenery.
|Bhim Pul, Saraswati River, Vyas Gufa
|3 Km From Badrinath Temple
|Nearest Railway Station or Airport
|Rishikesh, 250kms/ Jolly Grant Airport, 270 kms
|Best time to visit Ukhimath
|May, Jun, Sep, Oct
Attractions in Ved Cave
- Mana Village: Known as the last village before the Indo-China border, it’s associated with Ved Gufa. Visitors can find a small temple dedicated to him here.
- Badrinath Temple: Though not directly linked to Ved Gufa, it’s close to places associated with him. It’s a significant Hindu temple in Uttarakhand.
How to Reach Ved Cave
- Vyas Gufa, along with the towns of Badrinath and Joshimath, is immediately connected to Haridwar or Rishikesh .About 300 km distant,
- you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Badrinath.
- Vyas Gufa is situated around 3 km from Badrinath.
- You can hire a taxi or take a trek from Badrinath to Vyas Gufa.
- The trek is relatively easy and takes about 30-45 minutes.