Narad Kund is a sacred thermal spring situated near Badrinath in Uttarakhand, believed to be the place where the sage Narada meditated. It’s famous for its hot water springs that are revered for their healing properties. Pilgrims often take a dip in these hot springs before visiting the Badrinath Temple, as it’s considered purifying.
|Char Dham yatra, Temple
|0.5 km From Badrinat Temple
|Best time to visit
|May, Jun, Sep, Oct, Nov
Attraction in Narad Kund
- Badrinath Temple: The main attraction is the Badrinath Temple itself, a sacred pilgrimage site dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The temple is known for its distinct architecture and religious significance.
- Tapt Kund: A natural thermal spring located just below the temple. Pilgrims believe that taking a dip in the Tapt Kund is purifying before entering the temple.
- Brahma Kapal: A flat platform on the bank of the Alaknanda River, where rituals for the departed souls are performed. It is believed that performing these rituals at Brahma Kapal brings peace to the departed souls.
- Charanpaduka: This rock is believed to bear the footprints of Lord Vishnu and is an important pilgrimage spot.
- Mana Village: Known as the last village before the Indo-China border, Mana is a picturesque village with its unique culture and traditions. It is located near Badrinath and is worth a visit.
- Vyas Gufa (Cave): It is believed to be the cave where Ved Vyas, the sage who is credited with composing the Mahabharata, lived and meditated.
- Mata Murti Temple: Dedicated to the mother of Lord Badrinath, Mata Murti Temple is an important shrine in the vicinity.
How To Reach
How to Reach Narad Kund
- Badrinath is approximately 320-330 km away from both Haridwar and Rishikesh.
- You can hire a taxi or take a bus from these places to reach Badrinath.
- The Kund is just 0.5 km away from Badrinath.
- The kund is located between Badrinath Temple and Alkananda river
- .Walk to the Kund from Badrinath.
- Kund is a natural hot water spring located in Badrinath,
Read :- How To Reach Badrinath Dham